Fly Fusion Forums

Ride To Conquer Cancer Raffle

reevesr1

I just started my fundraiser for my Ride to Conquer Cancer in June 2013.

Trevor Hanson of Hanson's Outfitters has generously donated a float trip on the Bow to me for this. I'm going to do this as a raffle instead of an auction. Thanks Trevor and Wayne!!

For every $20 donated (please include your ffc name in the donation) to my website, I'll put your name in the raffle. $50 gets you three, $100 gets you six. I'll do the draw 1 week from today. Here is the link:

http://www.conquerca...onal&fr_id=1452

Note:

Based on some advice from a board member, I just had a discussion with the Ride To Conquer Cancer folks about raffles. If you want to participate in the raffle of the float trip (or anything else I may raffle off), then you CANNOT ask for a tax receipt when making your donation.

There you have it. If you want to do a straight donation, without being in the raffle, just let me know you did that and I won't include you in the raffle. Sorry I did not know that in advance.

• Like 2

Rick if you can keep it open until the 15th (Payday) I am getting a referral bonus and will have some extra cash then.... also the company I work for (big evil oil and gas) matches me dollar for dollar.

• Like 1

$200.00 Donated Rick thanks for your effort in this. I lost my mom 4 years ago and my dad has beat leukemia twice only because of the research and advances made in treatments. I believe its fund raisers like this that helped save his life Thank you for your efforts.

• Like 2

Ok, I based on some advice from a board member, I just had a discussion with the Ride To Conquer Cancer folks about raffles. If you want to participate in the raffle of the float trip (or anything else I may raffle off), then you CANNOT ask for a tax receipt when making your donation.

There you have it. If you want to do a straight donation, without being in the raffle, just let me know you did that and I won't include you in the raffle. Sorry I did not know that in advance.

With a very generous donation from Ben at Ickyflyworks, I'm up to just short of $1500 in three days, with FFC playing a huge role in that. I'm also 11th in overall fund raising for the ride. No way that will hold once the heavy hitters start find raising, but it is a nice motivation tool for the riders in my team. So if you are thinking about buying raffle tickets for Trevor's float, now is the time. Draw is on Tuesday (I know I said Monday, but I forgot it is a holiday)

Deadline for raffle tickets is tomorrow (Tuesday) at 8 PM. So far, only Troutlover and Muffin are in. All others have taken tax receipts. So basically, for a $500 float trip I have 21 tickets sold. Still really good odds. And the trip can be taken any time. Trevor has been slamming fish on boatmen the past week!

Ok, final tallies: Troutlover had $200, so 12 tickets, Muffin with $150, so 9 tickets and PAD with $100, so 6 tickets. The draw was done by my friendly admin assistant, and the winner was Troutlover.

Thanks guys for the generous donations. I will do this again a few times between now and the ride itself.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I plan to run some more auctions and raffles in the new year. If anyone wants to contribute anything, let me know!

In the meantime, my ride site is:

http://www.conquercancer.ca/site/TR/Events/Alberta2013?px=3128774&pg=personal&fr_id=14I

I am currently at just under $2000, or about 60% of my goal. I hope to hit the goal by the new year, and spend the months before the ride shattering it. thanks to all who have supported!

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

Today ia Epic Impact Day for the Ride for the Cure and I want to DOUBLE the impact.

So, how can you help? It's simple. Please support me, by making a generous donation towards my Ride fundraising goal! Together we'll prove that there IS strength in numbers and that the sum total of the smallest efforts can have a profound impact on the lives of those battling cancer, their families, and those yet to be diagnosed.

Support me with a Donation:
http://www.conquercancer.ca/site/TR/Events/Alberta2013?px=3128774&pg=personal&fr_id=1452

Thank you in advance for your generosity! I hope you'll do your part to support me in this life-saving journey and give from the heart on Epic Impact Day!

Sincerely,

Rick