Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing Lodge Jobs

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone has worked at any fishing lodges in the Queen Charlotte region of B.C.

I've currently applied to work on the deck crew at a few lodges... Has anyone experienced this type of work? I am wondering what a typical day would include... so far my knowledge is that I will be cleaning and fueling boats, arranging and setting up gear, cleaning and packing fish, general upkeep around the lodge, and.....?

If I don't hear back from the lodges, then it's back to the good ol' tree planting for me.

Any input is appreciated

Hey all,

Wondering if anyone has worked at any fishing lodges in the Queen Charlotte region of B.C.

I've currently applied to work on the deck crew at a few lodges... Has anyone experienced this type of work? I am wondering what a typical day would include... so far my knowledge is that I will be cleaning and fueling boats, arranging and setting up gear, cleaning and packing fish, general upkeep around the lodge, and.....?

If I don't hear back from the lodges, then it's back to the good ol' tree planting for me.

Any input is appreciated

Flyon,

I've worked as a dockhand at a lodge in the charlottes. This year I'm guiding for a lodge there.

Exactly what you'll do will depend on what lodge you work for but most likely you will be doing everything you mentioned and then some. Expect 12 hour work days on average. Some days will be easier and you'll get off earlier, others might be 14 hours or more. It's a lot of hard work for sure.

I've only worked for one company which I am very happy with. I've heard that there are some that definitely aren't as good to work for.

Send me a PM if you want some more details

And how would you stereotype this board?

OH! OH! Can I try?

How about:

"elitist, tweed-wearin', scotch-drinkin', cane-castin', brook trout-hatin', catch n' release, quality fisheries lovin', anti-bait and ice fishin', crowd-despisin', gobal warming debatin', single barbless fly freaks?"

What da ya think Giovanne? Do I win a prize?

:)

Smitty

OH! OH! Can I try?

How about:

"elitist, tweed-wearin', scotch-drinkin', cane-castin', brook trout-hatin', catch n' release, quality fisheries lovin', anti-bait and ice fishin', crowd-despisin', gobal warming debatin', single barbless fly freaks?"

Smitty

Nice x2 :)

OH! OH! Can I try?

How about:

Smitty

Boom!

That's hitting the nail right on the head :clap:

Oh come on, I don't drink that much scotch....

OH! OH! Can I try?

How about:

Smitty