Fly Fusion Forums

Gettin Someone Else Into Fishing

I recently got a new rod and I want to give my old one to my younger brother so that he can start fly fishing (he's 12) but I want to be able to get him started in a place where he's almost guaranteed to catch a few fish I know there aren't that many places like that in the winter what with all the lakes being frozen but if anyone has any suggestions even if the place is currently frozen over it would be greatly appreciated

Well I have to say you sound like a great big brother and I wish I would have had one just like you but I'm afraid the only place I've fished is in Calgarys beautiful Bow and then only once or twice a year. Try to get out to the FF expo I'm sure there will be lots of local experts who could help you out. With any luck you two can have a life time of good times together out on the water.

I recently got a new rod and want to give my old one to my younger brother (he's 12) so that he can start fly fishing but I want to get him started somewhere where he's almost guaranteed to catch a few fish. I know that's kinda hard for a newbie to do at this time of year what with the lakes all frozen but I would really appreciate anyone's advice about good places be it frozen over or not.

Thanks